Wuthering Heights, a fashion story

One of the recent books that I read is Wuthering Heights, Emily Brontë's novel. With a story of hate and revenge, the book touches your senses with its uncommon love tale and the dark feeling of belonging to a land emptied by its content. The clouded skies, the presence of the restless spirit in heavy rainy days make the perfect frame for Catherine and Heathcliff impossible love.

When I saw this fashion editorial in i-D, my thoughts led me to the story. For some reason, the outdoor location  of the photo shoot is exactly how I imagined it when reading. The riding outfit, the veiled hat belong to a modern Cathy who is looking for her Heathcliff among designs by Balenciaga, Martin Margiela, Paul Smith, Louis Vuitton, Haider Ackermann and many more.











Photography - Richard Bush
Styling - Sarah Richardson
Model - Daphne Groeneveld

No comments: